Adon Renewables – Kaneohe, HI
Adon Renewables is a Hawaii based renewable energy developer poised to become a leader in decentralizing electricity delivery worldwide. The company is supported by its partner and shareholder Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO), the largest electric utility in Japan and the 4th largest electric utility in the world.
Please see available opportunities below
Micro Grid Project Manager
Adon is currently seeking a project manager for its micro grid business. The project manager plays a key role in Adon ‘s organization and is critical to operational success. The project manager candidate is a talented individual with a desire to take on the challenge of building the next energy infrastructure. The candidate who will flourish in this role will be: a quick learner; comfortable with multi-tasking; and detail-oriented. Most importantly the candidate will understand the importance of getting the job done right the first time.
- Meet with clients and potential clients to assist with proposal and design concepts
- Setup, measure and analyze load profiles at client sites
- Work with design team to finalize design for the renewable energy facility
- Work with 3rd party engineers to complete technical review
- Work with project team to secure building permits and interconnection approvals as needed
- Solicit and secure bids from contractors and material suppliers and recommend best bids
- Negotiate with suppliers and contractors to finalize terms and pricing
- Visit suppliers and contractors’ home office to evaluate and build relationship
- Work with finance and project team to issue purchase orders and EPC contracts
- Assist with planning and managing logistics
- Prepare and track project schedule to ensure timely completion
- Provide technical support to contractors and suppliers for system installation
- Commission and bring project online
- Complete periodic system inspection and maintenance
- Benchmark competitor’s products and offerings, and communicate to team
- Maintain knowledge of applicable codes & standards and certifications in the industry
- Update any technology changes and factor them into proposals and contracts
- Create training for colleagues to familiarize them with the technical aspects of ESS
- Work with the marketing team to update any company collaterals
EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Must have hands-on technical experience with Energy Storage Systems.
- Must have good understanding of the integration of Li-ion batteries, PCS, BMS and EMS.
- Should be eager to learn, self-motivated and able to function with minimum support.
- Must be sensitive and perform effectively in a multicultural environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and ten or more years of working experience.
- Technology/Product/Other knowledge and skills
- Expertise to design multi-MW scale ESS.
- Expertise in Utility Scale, C&I, or PV+ES systems.
- knowledge of DC and AC electrical design. Integrating Batteries with Inverters.
- Understanding of Containerized systems, SCADA, Transformers, Combiners.
- Good understanding of how projects are built, and resolving site technical issues.
- Good understanding of component supplier’s offerings.
- Familiarity with competitor’s offerings.
- Familiar with existing and upcoming codes and standards.
- Customer focused, capable of changing perspectives, problem solving, and adapting.
- Good project management skills to lead projects to completion.
- Ability to work closely with and influence cross-functional teams.
- Highly competitive, self-starter that can work both individually and in a group setting.
- Ability to effectively network and build relationships with customers and peers. * Communication and Language Skills: Ability to read and write detailed specifications, reports, procedure, manuals, and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, partners, customers and other employees of the organization.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have sound knowledge of Internet software; Spreadsheet software, PowerPoint and Word Processing software.
Job Type: Full-time
Product Manager Responsibilities and Duties
Familiarize yourself with the product line’s components and its potential impact on the market as a whole
Practice discretion when discussing the production roll-out and maintain confidentiality
Oversee the product line’s life cycle and anticipate any problems
Evaluate market competition and position the product line so that it appeals to consumers
Prepare launch events to coincide with consumers’ buying patterns
Write a go-to-market summary and introduce it to the rest of the department
Identify and approach potential distributors
Analyze customer needs, product offerings and product application opportunities.
Work closely with Marketing to implement promotional strategies and achieve targeted results.
Create mission statement for product launch and forecast performance in individual channels
3+ years’ product development experience in a supervisory capacity
Knowledge of the market and industry
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Marketing required
Excellent networking skills, especially with regard to distribution channels and social media
Commitment to 30 percent travel for the first year
Strong motivational skills, especially when it comes to leading a team
We offer competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including performance bonus, dental, vision and health care.
Job Type: Full-time
Product Management: 4 years (Required)